Tuesday - June 5th Meeting at 7:30 pm - American Legion Hall - West Islip, NY
1. The final pack meeting will be on Friday, June 15. We will be starting at 6:30 pm so that we have sufficient daylight to launch the rockets. The entire meeting will be outside in the fields between Bayview and Kirdahy. Its easier to park in the Bayview parking lot. Each den is responsible for its own rockets (for procuring and paying for them – it is suggested that you buy an extra pack of engines). The pack will be purchasing two additional launch pads.
2. The fishing trip is on Saturday, June 16 on the Laura Lee at Captree. There are still spots available – pay on the pack website. If you are attending, you must be at the boat by 6:30 am.
3. The Night at Museum sleepover originally scheduled for June 30 has been rescheduled because the museum bumped us for a group of 250 people. The new date is September 29. For people who paid online, they have the option of a refund or they can apply their payment towards the September date.
4. Recruitment for the 2012-2013 school year will be held in September at the American Legion Hall. Details will follow.
5. We will have a leader’s meeting at some point in August to prepare for the upcoming year (including popcorn sales).
6. August 4 was selected as the date for cub/parent camping at Baiting Hollow.
7. On June 24, there will be a U.S. Navy barbeque at Lion’s path for current servicemen and women and their families (like a huge family picnic). They would like the scouts involved in some way, but the details are still being discussed. More information will follow.